We're sorry to let you know that, after more than ten years, LightLive will be closing at the end of 2019.
This decision to close LightLive has been made in line with Scripture Union's new strategy and renewed focus on equipping the church to reach the 95% of children and young people who aren’t currently connected – finding ways to help them explore the Bible and grow in faith is our number one priority.
We’re still committed to resourcing the church as it reaches out to those in the community, but the technology behind LightLive is dated, expensive to run and ultimately unsustainable.
What does this actually mean?
The LightLive website will close at the end of this year and the current service and features will also come to an end. However, we will continue to provide existing Light materials free of charge, and these will be available through the Resource Centre on the Scripture Union website. Here's what to expect…
On the Scripture Union website, you will have FREE access to:
* Curated PDF session plans (and accompanying downloads when applicable), giving you the material you need to run your sessions
Sadly, we will no longer be offering the following features:
* Group management tools
* The ability to schedule sessions or create a syllabus
* Individual, searchable activities
* Mosaic, SUbstance and LectionaryLive sessions
What do I need to do now?
- Please make sure you download anything you’d like to keep from LightLive before 31 December 2019 to ensure you don’t lose any of the plans you’ve already made. Sessions can be downloaded as PDF files.
- Make sure everyone else in your church currently using LightLive knows to do the same
- Watch this space for more information about the new home for Bubbles, Splash!, Xstream and theGRID material in 2020
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us and we'll do our best to help. You can contact us at [email protected]