Introduction to Schools Ministry is Scripture Union's new course for those looking to develop skills and good practice in the schools' context.
This is a hands-on course for mission-minded practitioners, covering such key topics as collective worship, lunchtime and after-school clubs, lessons and sharing faith appropriately.
These two-day courses are suitable for those who work in primary or secondary schools.
We hope to run this course in different locations in the autumn. When we have further details and booking information we will let you know as soon as this is available.
What is included in the training?
Course content includes:
- What is schools work and how to get started
- Approaching schools and building positive relationships.
- What are the challenges and opportunities we face as Christians visiting schools
- How can we explore the Good News of Jesus in school with integrity
- Making the most of Collective Worship and RE lessons
- Explore the missional opportunities of lunchtime / afterschool clubs, Chaplaincy, sports and mission weeks.
- And much more (Download the sample programme to give you an idea of the depth and range of topics covered)
Here is the sample programme for all courses. Please be aware that details are subject to change.