A lunchtime or after-school club session for primary school children based around the football World Cup.
How do we ensure that, when we have the opportunity to share the message of Christianity with the 95% of children and young people who do not have a...
Core Session 1:
This introductory session includes activities that allow the students time to get to know each other.
Core Session 2
This session looks at what the Bible says about leadership.
- To explore what the Bible says about leadership and then...
Core Session 2: Talk outline
This talk is based on Titus 1: 5-11 and explores the characteristics of God’s leaders. These notes are to enable you...
Core Session 2: handout
This handout enables the delegates to make notes while listening to the talk about God's leaders.
Core Session 3:
This session looks at some of the reasons to run a school Christian group and allows the delegates to develop a vision for...
Skills Session 1:
Group dynamics - getting the best out of your group
- To develop an understanding of the cycle that groups go through.
Skills Session 2:
What sort of leader are you? Developing your leadership skills.
- To discover preferred styles of leadership
Skills Session 3:
Preparing and leading a group Bible study.
- To consider the reasons for studying the Bible in Christian groups in...
Skills Session 4
How to start a Christian group or club in a secondary school.
To consider all of the practicalities that should...
Skills Session 5:
How to plan a programme.
- To consider the disadvantages and advantages of different types of activities.
Skills Session 6:
How to plan a school Christian group meeting.
- To learn how to take an idea or title and construct a meeting...
Skills Session 7:
Building groups that last.
- To think about why people stop attending groups.
- To discover some strategies that...
Skills Session 8:
How to be a servant community.
- To discover a biblical perspective on servanthood.
- To discover what this means...
Skills Session 9:
How to handle and manage difficult and challenging behaviour.
- To look at different kinds of challenging...
Skills Session 10:
- To look at what makes a good or bad presentation.
- To develop strategies for improving...
The School Group Leaders Training course is designed to equip young people to become effective leaders of Christian groups and...