Christians in Schools Trust Stockport is an SU local mission partner, and has a thriving ministry amongst schools in the Stockport area.
We currently have a vacancy for 2 FULL TIME Schools Workers to join our excellent team.
The trust welcomes applications from individuals interested in a part time/job share post.
Please indicate on your application if you are interested in such a post.
It is hoped that employment will begin in September 2017, for an initial period of two years
This position will include developing relationships mainly in primary schools in the Stockport area and
building on established work in some areas of the town. Although some work is done as a team this role
involves delivering most of the items below on an individual basis.
Salary: £17760 - £18500
The role includes:
- presenting assemblies and lessons
- developing projects
- supporting & establishing Christian clubs in schools
- supporting volunteers and local churches in linking up with schools
We are looking for someone who is a committed Christian with a passion for working with and supporting
children and young people; applicants should have the relevant skills and experience; be self-motivated but
able to work well in a team. I.T. literacy is essential. DBS clearance will be required. Experience of working
in either primary or secondary schools would be an advantage.
Due to the nature of the work it is preferable that applicants have their own transport. A reasonable
mileage allowance is paid.
Applications should include
- a covering letter describing why you feel you would be a suitable applicant for the post and what excites you about it.
- a copy of your CV outlining your experience. including names of two references.
The closing date for applications is 28th July 2017.