Scripture Union exists to invite children and young people to explore the difference Jesus can make to the challenges and adventures of life. Put simply, our vision is of a new generation of children and young people who have a vibrant, personal faith in Jesus.
This is an exciting, pivotal time to join the Scripture Union movement. We have sharpened our missional identity and calling to serve the 95% of children and young people who are not currently regular members of the Church.
Re-focusing our ministry on the 95% has resulted in some key strategic shifts and provoked consideration of the most appropriate structure to deliver our big vision. Within this carefully designed restructure, we are creating a new leadership post: Director of Mobilisation.
The Director of Mobilisation will provide strategic leadership for SU’s advocacy and fundraising activity, developing and managing internal and external communications in order to grow SU’s mission profile, reach, impact, funding and support and to develop strong, mutually engaged relationships with all of our partners in mission.
A ‘big picture’ thinker and communicator, they will use their professional experience and missional creativity to deploy new digital tools, communications approaches, campaigns and partnerships to help many more of the 95% hear the good news of Jesus’ love for them.
They will have:
- An active Christian faith and a clear motivation to serve unchurched children and young people and see them come to know Jesus
- Expertise and experience in fundraising, direct marketing, social media communications and use of databases and CRM systems
- Ability to evidence successful relationship management, mobilisation and growing engagement across a wide range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience in digital developments, including digital transformation projects, digital marketing, social media marketing, customer engagement and analytics
- Proven leadership and management experience, preferably in a fundraising or marketing context, and the ability to work successfully on a strategic, national scale
- Understanding of legislation, such as GDPR, that applies to advocacy and fundraising activity
Their entrepreneurial and relational leadership will help us to think radically and strategically about how to share our mission in a way that engages and multiplies the passion of our diverse stakeholders as we navigate together the process of becoming an increasingly fruitful mission organisation ready for, and dynamically engaged in, the times ahead.
For more information, please click on the appointment details below or visit www.macaulaysearch.com/opportunities
Closing date: 31st January 2019