Christians in Schools Trust is an SU Associate Trust that has a thriving ministry amongst schools in Stockport and the SK postcode area. We currently have vacancy for a TEAM LEADER to join our Schools Workers team. The full-time post is for 37.5 hours a week. In addition to working in schools, you will have a day-to-day management role, liaise with the Trustees, and facilitate the Staff Team.
Our Vision Statement:
- Sharing the relevance of the Christian Faith with young people
- Supporting excellence in Religious Education and Assemblies and Schools work
- To partner with Christian communities in providing opportunities for children and young people to explore the Christian faith.
The role includes:
- Presenting assemblies and lessons
- Developing new and existing projects
- Supporting & establishing Christian clubs in schools
- Ensuring the Vision of the Trust is followed and carried out
- Oversight and day-to-day management of the team
- Ensuring the team manage their time effectively
- Keeping the website up to date
- Dealing with the day to day administration of the Trust
- Supporting volunteers and local churches in linking up with schools and supporting the Trust
We are looking for a candidate who is a committed Christian, who can agree with our Basis of Faith (see website) and has a passion for working with and supporting children and young people.
Applicants should have relevant skills and experience; be self-motivated (as the majority of the school’s work will be delivered on an individual basis) but also able to work well motivating and leading a team.
The following criteria are essential for this role: significant expertise and experience in a teaching role or as a Christian school’s worker, I.T. literacy, DBS clearance, and due to the nature of the work, that the applicant has their own transport. A reasonable mileage allowance is paid.
The trust welcomes applications from individuals interested in either a full/part timeroleThe closing date for applications is 6thDecember 2019.
Interviews will take place December 16thand it is hoped that employment will begin January 2020, for an initial period of two years.