Engage Woking Schools
Are seeking a part-time Schools Worker
15-20 hours a week, term time only, 39 weeks per year
SALARY - £7,600 - £10,200
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team taking the Christian faith into the primary and secondary schools of Woking. For over 25 years Engage has delivered assemblies, small group work, mentoring, RE and Christian clubs in local primary schools and has provided detached work, mentoring and Christian Union Clubs in local secondary schools – in partnership with our local churches.
Do you have:
- A passion for sharing the good news of Jesus in schools?
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm, confidence and energy?
- Experience of working with children and managing volunteers?
- Good administrative skills including a confident working knowledge of MS Packages & email systems?
- Awareness and basic use of social media platforms?
- An ability to work on your own, or lead or be part of a team?
- Good time management skills?
- The ability to maintain and build on the trust established between Engage and the schools over many years?
The post is for a 15-20 hour week (negotiable depending on circumstances but ideally Monday-Thursday for 39 weeks a year). The salary will be in the range of £7,600-£10,200 and evening and weekend work will not normally be required.
Engage are active supporters in encouraging work-related development.
It is an occupational requirement that the job holder is a committed Christian and the post is subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
The opportunity is available from September and the closing date for applications is noon on Friday 25th June.
Application packs including a full job description may be downloaded online at www.engagewoking.org
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2nd July.