Due to the unprecedented nature of the situation we all find ourselves living in, we want to take this opportunity to clarify our stance on copyright, with regard to our Scripture Union branded content. We don’t want to make things more difficult than they already are, and so we are prepared to be flexible, to a certain extent, while the Coronavirus crisis continues.
The information on this webpage has been made available as a download. Click the button below to download.
What you can do:
✓ Use our content, in unedited form, to create your own content for sharing with a limited, private group, for example:
Create a video of yourself reading a chapter from Diary of a Disciple and share it with a group of people by email, via a private Facebook group or the sharing of an unlisted YouTube link.
Read a chapter of Diary of a Disciple within a closed online group during a video call.
Screen share during a video call, displaying, in unedited form, any Scripture Union branded content you have downloaded.
Run an ‘online’ holiday club, using Scripture Union materials, creating live or prerecorded content that is shared within a private or pre-registered group.
✓ Share Scripture Union content with a limited, private group, for example:
- Download a PDF resource from our website and share it with a group of people by email, via a private social media group or channel.
✓ List or embed a link on your own website that directs users to the Scripture Union website or social media channels, for example:
- Embed a link to a Scripture Union YouTube video into your own website.
✓ Distribute our photocopiable resource pages, for example:
- Make copies of the photocopiable resource pages within our Light Compendiums and post these out to people in your community.
What you can’t do without our express permission:
✗ Share our content in edited form (unless we have explicitly stated that we expect a particular piece to be used in this way), for example:
- Cut a section from a Scripture Union sports video and share this with others, either as a stand-alone clip or as part of your own video creation.
- Create your own versions of our content and share them in the public domain.
- Run an ‘online’ holiday club using Scripture Union materials, creating live or prerecorded content that is shared publicly (such as via an open social media channel or publicly listed YouTube video).
✗ Put Scripture Union content on your own website, for example:
- Download a PDF resource from our website and then upload it to your own publicly accessible website.
✗ Photocopy or print copies for physical or digital distribution of any Scripture Union publication, for example:
- Photocopy a few pages from Daily Bread and post the copies to people in your community. (Note: this does not apply to pages that are marked as a photocopiable resource.)
Please note: This guidance only applies during the Coronavirus crisis, after which we reserve the right to revert to standard copyright procedures.
Still have questions?
If you’re still not sure if you can use our content in the way you would like to, please feel free to contact us.
Trinity House, Opal Court
T: 01908 856000
E: [email protected]