This July and August, we’re praying for a #SUmmerOfImpact as the gospel is shared through camps, missions, holiday clubs and beyond. Here are some prayer pointers to help you join is…
- Give thanks to God for the volunteers involved in outreach activities across the country this summer. Ask God to protect them and bless them with wisdom to share the good news of Jesus effectively.
- Ask God to draw many children and young people who don’t yet know him to all the mission events planned, and to open their hearts to hear and respond to the gospel.
- Praise God that he has made every child and young person unique, and that he loves all of them unconditionally and equally. Please pray that children and young people who don’t yet know Jesus but are searching for meaning and purpose in their lives will discover through mission events this summer that he is the treasure they have been searching for.
- With the Good News Fund open again, please pray that many new churches will hear about it and apply for a grant, so that more children and young people from 'the 95' can discover the relevance that Jesus has to their lives today.
- Please pray for all those churches that have already had a Good News Fund grant to initiate new ways to share Jesus with children and young people who aren’t part of a church. Pray that God will nurture the seeds of hope they have sown in the hearts of children and young people, so that they take root.
- Dave Aarons used a Good News Fund grant to launch an outreach programme to children and families in his community in Portsmouth last year. This week, in a continuation of that programme, his church is running a holiday club, culminating in a celebration and BBQ at the church this Sunday. Please pray for the children coming to that club – that God will use the holiday club to open their eyes to the wonder of knowing him, and their hearts to his incredible love. (Read the full story here)